This client in Faversham had arranged with another builder to have their garage converted to a spare room that was more insulated and could be used for multiple purposes. This previous builder failed to carry out the work to an acceptable standard, so the roofing, plasterboard, and existing floor required removal and replacement. Our team assessed the work that had been carried out and worked with an architect and building control to work out what needed to be replaced, agreeing with the client to remove this unsuitable building work and redo it to our high standards.
What work was carried out at this project?
Complete garage conversion with plumbing and electrical fitting. Installation of timber frame and insulation to walls, new timber flat roof.
List of work completed
- Removal of unsuitable roof coverings, insulation, flooring, radiator, and electricals
- Removal of garage door and mechanisms
- Construction of new brick wall with window
- Installation of new timber flooring with insulation
- Installation of new timber frame and insulation to all walls
- Installation of new timber flat roof with guttering
- Fitting of new electrics including plug sockets, light features, and switches
- Installation of new radiator
What challenges did we face on this project?
Building control assessment was carried out and the structure of the existing garage floor was deemed unsafe. Our team were required to reinforce this flooring to meet building regulations and avoid any risk to the occupants of the property.
Due to the fact that the client had already been inconvenienced by the previous builder, our team made sure to keep them up to date and carried out the garage conversion as efficiently as possible to not cause them any further disruption.